I'm giving the spirals a rest for a while. The cellini and Dutch spirals are both being made into necklaces so they take a little while to do. I find it helpful to take a break from work that takes too long, if I don't have a timetable for it, then I can come back to it fresh, or just do little bits as it takes my fancy.
I finished the other spiral rope which is really an embellished right angle weave. I wasn't too happy with it, so I gave it to my daughter, and tried different beads. More on this next time.
I've never done any freeform work before, so I thought I'd give this a go. It was a bit scary at first, the base was a bit crooked, but they say it's supposed to! Then I wasn't sure if everything should sit flat against the base. And I wasn't sure what to put where, or how to do it.
I started putting the bigger beads on, then gradually added some bridges, and I wasn't really sure this was going to work, it didn't look so good. I thought I'd just keep going, I added more beads, more bridges, then I was on a roll. All of a sudden it was taking shape. I added more of this and that. By now I loved doing it and I kept thinking of more interesting things to do with it. And believe it or not, I actually loved the look of it! Bummer! I promised my daughter she could have it, when I wasn't so sure how good it would look.
Anyway, I've nearly finished it. So I'll take a photo to post before she has it. But I'll definitely make some more. I'll post the photos of it next time.