Craft Cove Blog: Sunburst Mandala Cushion

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Sunburst Mandala Cushion


I wanted to create a burst of sunlight

Then I found this image



I played with crochet stitches and designs, over and over again


Eventually, I came up with this design






But I prefer something useful. So I decided to make it into a cushion

I could have made it into a round cushion like this. But I decided to play some more. I'll turn it into a square

I wanted to try something different to square it off. And I wanted to incorporate the border again, I really liked the way that turned out


So eventually I came up with this cushion 






And now for the back. Do I just do a fabric back?  No. I wanted more crochet. But I also want to do something that will match..... But not the same ..... 


Finally I came up with this




Worked as a square, but still using some overlay stitches

And still the suggestion of rays of the sun






Want to make this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add this

| More